Monday, December 14, 2009

Waking Up Together

Heavy eyelids betray
As I try to stay awake
and cling to your every word.

As you pontificate on the wonders of the world
- or so I imagine -
my mind wanders to matters more important,
like how your lips would feel
moving like that
on me.

Shaking off the haze around my brain,
a haze induced by my proximity to you,
my focus on your words sharpens,
and utterances of your goals, hope, and dreams
drift to my ears.
And I can't help but hear the
"we's" and "us's"
that abound in your speech.

My brain spasms hungrily as these words penetrate
my mind, act as an aphrodisiac to my senses.

As I come down from my high,
I realize the necessity of reciprocity here,
and mentally fresh, I share
my intentions with you as well.

The resulting silence is our mental cigarette
as we process and bask
in the euphoria
that comes from acknowledging
a shared future.

No comments:

Post a Comment