Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!! (And poetry)

Happy New Year!

It feels wonderful to bring in 2012! I brought it in with my family, and with thoughts of all those I couldn't be with in my mind.

So... I figured I'd celebrate the new year by posting a poem a wrote a little over a week ago. Don't judge me; I haven't gone through the whole editing process yet. It's been awhile since I posted a poem though, so... hopefully whoever is reading enjoys!

STILL FRAME

In darkness, I pull you over me
absorbing the security that feels ironic,
and the joy that feels omnipotent.
I feel you everywhere,
and the feeling is too much
and not enough at the same time.
My body seems seems to be moving a step before my mind,
and you are somewhere in between,
reacting and acting
simultaneously.
Intense whispers create their own intimate cadence,
setting the tempo for our orchestral movement.
Time and space and sound meld into a single concept,
explained only by this one experience.
As we slow and things become separate entities again,
my mind takes over.
In its attempt to reestablish equilibrium,
it begins to work overtime.
And everything I was sure of becomes everything
of which I need convincing.
And I fall asleep, knowing that with daylight
come a tendency to turn this picture
into a negative image.
I try desperately to freeze this frame into my mind,
and succeed in setting the backdrop of my dreams.
~JME

And that's it. A little break to my poetry hiatus. :-)

Happy New Year's, once again! I hope you are bringing it in doing something that you truly enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment