Friday, July 13, 2012

A Forever Kind of Slumber


A room full of mirrors
And I see you
Everywhere

A whisper of my name, amplified
And I hear you
Everywhere

A brief caress of my face
And I feel you
Everywhere

The slightest of all kisses
And I taste you
Everywhere

A slight breeze carries your scent
And I smell you
Everywhere

I have thought of moments like this
Begged for them
Cried to God for them until all that comes out is a pathetic whimper
And now you are everywhere
And I am beyond grateful
Beyond happy
Beyond satisfied

My senses converge and everything is you
I breathe in and out
And steel myself to give you everything

I reach out a hand to begin my proclamation
But you can see it my eyes
And I know
Because I can see it in yours

And as we drift together to make things complete
I open my eyes into darkness
A fan blowing my loneliness over me in waves
Twisted covers surround me
As I float on my pillow top mattress, alone
And tears full of salt and anguish join my pillow
Because I know that I just had you
The only way I could
The way I've had you for so long

And all I can see, hear, feel, taste, smell
Is the acute emptiness
That always follows these dreams

As my heart slows its rapid beating
I silently implore every power known to man
For these false, faint rendezvous to end
So I can let you go
So I can be happy again

The energy put into these desperate pleas
Is more than I can bear
And so I let myself fall back
Into a familiar darkness
A restless and unfulfilling slumber
Knowing that the next night will be the same

And a small part of me welcomes it
Because if I can only have you in my dreams
I'll gladly sleep forever

No comments:

Post a Comment